Despite being a very difficult and emotional time in people’s lives, divorce is a fairly common occurrence in the UK. The following text will give you better idea of HOW COMMON divorce really is:-
- In 2012, there were approximately 13 divorces per hour in England and Wales.
- This added up to a staggering 118,140 divorces in total.
- According to Family Law Solicitors, more than half of these divorces occurred during the first 10 years of marriage.
- Of the cases where women were the instigators, 65% of them were granted divorce.
- Interestingly, there are approximately 9,703 men and 6,026 women who were granted divorce over the age of 60.
- 14% of all divorces cases were as a result of adultery.
- However, less than 1% of divorces resulted from desertion.
- The average age for women to get divorce was 42, whereas men usually divorced at the age of 45.
- Unfortunately, first time marriages weren’t always successful, as 71% of them ended up in divorce.
- Among the couples remarrying, 9% of them had both been divorced before.
- Of the divorces that were taking place in the UK, 48% of them had at least one child who was less than 16 years of age. Family Law Solicitors believe that these cases are the most complicated as a child’s future is at stake.
- Most divorces are likely to occur between the 4th and 8th
- And sadly, it is expected that almost 42% of all marriages will result in divorce.
Nonetheless, the above mentioned statistics should not discourage you from getting married. There are countless examples of successful marriages that can be quoted. However, if you are in the midst marriage troubles, you are more than welcome to contact our expert family law solicitors at Walker Wise Solicitors by phone on 01254 300 966 or email email@example.com