Due to UKs relatively strong economy, the number of immigrants has increased by 62,000 to 636,000 by the end of July 2015. People have come to the UK from all across the world in search of better employment opportunities. The following text has been gathered by various immigration solicitors and offices to give people an idea of what is going on in the UK!
- The number of asylum cases has increased by 19% reaching more than 29,000 asylum seekers coming into the UK by September 2015.
- 3,726 people came from Eritrea.
- 2,842 people came from Sudan.
- 2,407 from Iran
- And almost 2,400 people from Syria.
Detentions and Removals:-
- More than 32,700 people have entered Immigration Detention, amongst which 154 were children.
- Only 47% of the detainees were removed from the UK, amongst which 221 had been detained for 1 to 2 years and 32 had been detained for more than 2 years.
- A 13% fall in the applications for British Citizenship has been reported.
- On the other hand, almost 9,500 applications were rejected.
- Applications were made from the following countries:-
- South Africa
- With the revised policies, almost 15% of all applications are refused. Immigration solicitors claim that the refusal rate used to be approximately 4% before the policy revision.
- The number of student visas fell by 4%.
- It has also been observed that the number of student visa extension applications fell by 23% in just one year. The number of students settling in the UK has also decreased.
- The majority of students applying for Student Visa were Chinese at a 33%.
If you wish to understand the reasons behind these astounding changes, you should get in touch with immigration solicitors.