In everyday practice, injury claims solicitors have to face claimants that exaggerate the injuries they had to suffer as a result of relatively minor road traffic accidents. Claimants undergo these efforts to secure compensation for their so called “injuries”. This exaggeration of injuries is a considered as fraud and injury claims solicitors Accrington should do their part in preventing them as much as possible.
- Among the thousands of injury claims brought forward, 8% were fraudulent.
- Interestingly, despite the rise in the injury claim there was a 23% drop in the road traffic accidents that the police actually saw.
Types of Fraudulent Personal Injury Claims:-
According to injury claims solicitors Accrington, fraudulent claims can be of the following types:-
- Staged Road Traffic Accidents:-
- In such claims both parties are involved in the scam by deliberately crashing their vehicles for personal injury and property damage compensation. It is also possible that the accident might not have even occurred.
- Gross Exaggeration of their Injuries:-
- It is also possible that people involved in accidents to grossly exaggerate their injuries to receive more compensation.
- Staged Injuries:-
- People have also gone as far as injuring themselves and claiming to have tripped over something in both public and private places.